Saturday, November 30, 2019

Losing #Tuckson...Again?

Oh, #Tuckson. This freaking relationship. Ugh...so well crafted by Warren Leight and Company that I care more about them than most of the real-life people in my world. So, naturally, when it was confirmed Tucker would be returning, all the #Tuckson feels came rushing back as well. There was euphoria! Dancing! A resurgence in #Tuckson fic!

Warren to the rescue! All is right with the world!

But I couldn't shake the feeling that it was all too good to be true. After all, isn't the show's secondary purpose to make sure Olivia Benson's life sucks? The most recent pics seem to validate my fears.

Tucker's back...with a ring.

After a Twitter meltdown and a vow to ignore social media until the show returns in January (which I subsequently broke within minutes), my emotions gave way to obsessive speculation and led me to a few predictions which, of course, will all end up being totally wrong.

Here they are, in order of most to least likely.


  1. Tucker moved on and got married. Why wouldn't he? This is painful, but it is the scenario that makes the most sense. Rick Eid's Olivia Benson inexplicably let him walk out of her life (and out of Noah's). Tucker being married would undoubtedly be a blow to Benson and it would provide an opportunity to address the "complications" of #Tuckson's demise. Can you imagine her face when she hears him say "my wife?" Or when she notices the ring? Rollins will probably ask her how she's doing and she'll of course be fine but she's not and then she'll end up in Lindstrom's office and we'll all be fucking sad as hell but this is the most logical and realistic explanation. The only piece that doesn't quite fit is that Tucker was ready to retire...but the fact that he didn't and got married might further twist the knife in Benson's heart. I saw someone tweet about the redhead rumor and mention Pippa...don't freak out, but I kind of don't hate that idea even though I can't imagine Pippa stuck around New York after Hank got shipped off to prison. Just out of curiosity, what's Jessica Phillips doing lately? 
  2. He's undercover. The more I hash this out the more I don't think that's the case, but it would explain why Tucker didn't show up at crucial times such as when Sheila showed up and kidnapped Noah. If he's undercover, why is he so conspicuously working with SVU? Unless those pics were from the end of the case? But then...why is he still wearing the ring? But then again, if he's not undercover, why would the whole squad be at his house in Queens? If that is actually his house in Queens. Goddamn, set stalkers, ya'll need to do a better job getting us the deets!
  3. He's undercover...with Benson. Fuck the redhead rumors, she's the wife! And then when they're done she takes the ring off but he doesn't because he likes it. What a great few lines of dialogue that would be. "Ed, you can take the ring off now." // "Oh, yeah, uh, I guess I got used to it." //And then he pulls out the engagement ring from 17 and says something about how she ditched the pretend ring but maybe she'd like to wear this one for real?????? Gahhhhhhhh.
  4. Robert John Burke forgot to take his ring off. I don't think this is the case. I'm almost positive he's wearing it in another scene (when he's handing Benson coffee) and in pics I don't think the real life RJB wears a ring. On a related note--in those pics, Tucker's not wearing a shield. Why not? 
  5. Tucker dies. Similar to him being married to someone who’s not OMB, but I’m not sure I’d watch the show anymore. I’m not here for Benson torture overkill. 

I am prepared to be heartbroken. I'm prepared for the "How's Noah?" and Benson reporting "he still has Eddie" and "Congratulations, Captain" and I'll make sure to have extra wine and extra tissues. 

Please, #SVU Gods, let all this angst be for nothing and let me be wrong! 

Remember, writers, there are a lot of fun scenarios with in-a-relationship-with-Tucker Captain Benson...

Now where in the hell are those fucking ep descriptions?

#Always


No comments:

Post a Comment