Friday, May 3, 2019

20.22: Fin TutuOVERLOAD

The #42Minutes


Snake, AKA Justin, AKA J is the prime suspect when his wife, Dallas, is found beaten nearly to death. After the squad clears Snake (a process which consumes too much of the episode, btw), their attention turns to the "diss war" Snake and Snoop (I didn't like his character name so I'm not using it) were having in which Snoop threatened Dallas; however, Snoop's alibi also checks out. Not to worry, though, because eagle-eye Rollins and Carisi make a Mongoose bicycle connection. Meanwhile, Fin follows the trail of a suspicious financial transaction between Snake's mother and a woman who turns out to be the baby mama of a man Snake murdered eighteen years ago. The dead man's son Andreas is arrested and admits to Fin that he wanted to force Snake into feeling some semblance of his pain.



 The Verdict

Thank you, SVU, for once again pointing out the obvious (cycle of violence and code of the street). Yawn. Also, I'm not so sure some audience members reacted well to the #MeToo cover story but I suppose that kind of thing does happen revolting as it may be.

Did Carisi and Fin just ditch the police vehicle they drove to the Apollo?

Why did Benson look so shocked when she saw Dallas on the gurney? I've been watching this show since the beginning and I assure you she's seen way, way, way, way worse. And WTF is she doing allowing Fin to interrogate Snake (albeit after some pretty flimsy probable cause). If law enforcement heard what I said to myself in the car on the commute to work I'd certainly be detained for making terroristic threats.

For such a severe head injury, Dallas was surprisingly lucid when talking to Benson and Rollins at the hospital.

So Fin just happens to know Justin and his mother...you know, this was quite the elaborate and tragic Fin backstory for it to never have come up before. It felt like a stretch, or maybe I just don't care as much about the character's history as I care about the others. I prefer him being snarky and sarcastic, annoyed with Carisi, and, occasionally, the doting yet sort of awkward Grandpa to Jaden.

For a few minutes I thought Jo arranged the hit on Dallas and I think that would've been way more interesting.

The Andreas character seemed neither angry enough nor nervous enough (at the beginning of the ep when speaking to Carisi). I didn't think the way the actor played the role fit what the audience was supposed to perceive or infer.

Quotable:

SNAKE CALLED CARISI "WONDER BREAD" lololololol...second only to the female cons calling Rollins "Elsa" in Intersecting Lives.

"Will someone please explain why our investigation is on the front page of the paper?" Well...duh Peter...you idiot.

"This isn't my first time with stalkers. You see, I've seen them all..." Now there's the experienced Lieutenant showing up to question Andreas. Took 34 minutes, but there she is!

"Take care of them ladies upstairs, man."

Wardrobe

Dull this week. Pass

Is it Next Thursday, Yet? 

We're down to the home stretch. Let's see what sappy send off they give to Peter Stone before Warren comes to the rescue. I've written thousands of words of fanfic to cope and I need a goddamn break.

Next week's episode sounds like another less than scintillating foray into hate crimes.

Back to daydreaming about "Tuckson"...


No comments:

Post a Comment